Sunday, November 07, 2004

A taste of sunshine and blue sky...

...and wind, but a beautiful late fall day. Tomorrow is supposed to be much cooler - or perhaps I should say cold! When I left for Hawaii, the trees still had their leaves, and when I came back I was surprised to see that although the colors had dimmed many of the trees were still wearing their leaves. We had a couple of very windy days, and most of the trees are now bare. There are still some areas where green and yellow leaves are still showing. They are very isolated, but they exist. I wonder how long these colored pockets will remain.

It's been hard adjusting back to the northeast after a week in Hawaii, no surprises there. I'm really not ready for the cold weather, but it's on the way whether I'm ready or not.

It seems that as each winter approaches I think more seriously about moving. The funny thing is, one of the areas I keep thinking about is Colorado east of the Rockies, and they certainly do have winter out there too. The thing that interests me is that the serious winter weather is in the mountains, and while the cities I'm thinking about do get snow, it seems that the snow arrives and then melts quickly. Oregon and Washington both interest me too. Hawaii you ask? Well, if an opportunity arose to live there I don't know how I could turn it down. Do you see the theme here? West...

Some yellow leaves still remaining


And some red-orange beauties too...