Saturday, November 13, 2004

Winter? It can't be!

It is mid-November, but it still seems pretty early for our Friday into Saturday snowfall, and I'm really not (mentally) ready for this. I may be boring everyone to tears with my thoughts on the subject, but each year it becomes harder to face the New England winter. I'd really like to be in a place where I have access to snow but where the ground around me stays free of the white stuff. Temperature? I'd prefer no lower than 50's, but I think 40's would probably work too.

The bad thing is that I didn't want to brave the 34 degree temperature on my bike today. The good thing - I did get a good walk in, and I pretty much guessed the right clothing layers. I could have used a warmer pair of gloves at the start of my walk, but the light ones I chose were perfect at the end. And since it didn't feel like a hat day to me, I headed out wearing my earbags, which look like an earmuff without the connecting band. The bags snap over your ears - very comfortable, and just the right amount of warmth for the day. Hmmm... my earbags are a very conservative black. I think I'll order a second pair in purple!

It's possible that this tree is as surprised as I am by the early season snowfall - after all it is still holding onto some green leaves!


I have a feeling that this seat might be a bit cold.


Just as I was trying to capture this bird sitting high in a tree, it decided to take off. Amazing!