Saturday, May 01, 2004

Riding into a strong wind is good for me, right?

It was a windy ride today, and I kept telling myself it was good training... My bike didn't care, but my legs did! Today's loop ride was mainly out and back, heading to the west along the north side of the Merrimack River, and heading back to the east on the south side. It's an interesting route in that I had no jump out points to make the ride shorter - other than turning around and riding the same road back. It's quite a distance between the two bridges that I used. I must say I was very happy to reach Lowell and my turn around point. The wind that was trying to push me backwards on the outbound leg became my friend as I turned in the direction of home.





Carrying a camera as I wander on my bike lets me capture some of the strange (and/or beautiful) things that I see around the way. This statue was in a yard not too far from where I live. I'd definitely categorize it as somewhat strange!