Sunday, October 03, 2004

I'm not ready to let go of late summer, but...

...I don't seem to have much choice in the matter! I suppose I could move, but somehow the time doesn't feel right for that yet. I have to admit I've been thinking about moving to either Colorado (east of the Rockies, but close to the mountains) or to the Pacific Northwest. One day...

It's turning into fall, and I'm afraid one day in the not too distant future it will feel more like a prelude to winter. First I'll be heading to Hawaii for a week of real summer, but then I'll be back to whatever (weather) New England decides to present to all of us. I'm really looking forward to Hawaii, and I'm really not looking forward to winter. No surprises there, right?

Today was a beautiful but cool day. Sunshine, blue sky, and more red, yellow, and orange spots among the trees. It was a good day for riding, but with a little more clothing than last week. It was a knee warmer and wind vest kind of day since it was in the mid-50s when I headed out. If I'd waited another until late afternoon to head out I probably could have worn summer biking clothes, but of course I didn't want to wait!

A few leaves still on a tree in a beautiful shade of red


And some amazing color in the still green grass