Sunday, March 07, 2004

Dreaming of biking in sunshine...

Ah, a decent riding day today. My bike and I took a spin in the sunshine. It was in the low 40s - so I was still dressed layers - but it was sunny, and the roads were dry. It was a treat to get home after my ride with a clean bike and no crud on my clothes!

I thought I had decided on my bike tour for this year, but I'm rethinking it. My almost tour was to be a ride up the east coast of Vancouver Island, followed by ferry & train trips to Jasper, followed by biking from Jasper to Calgary - a two in one trip. But let's see, I'd probably spend around a week on Vancouver Island, which is supposed to be absolutely beautiful but is also situated in a rain forest. I'm not acquainted with the right weather wizard (is there one?), so with no weather guarantees, the big question in my mind is if I want to risk a week of potentially riding in the rain. (OK, OK, I'm a baby - but riding in the rain is not my favorite!) The trip still tugs at me, so it still could win. But before I make definite plans I'm going to dream of a sunny place to visit. Then I'll decide!