Friday, March 26, 2004

So that's what riding with bare legs feels like!

The weather wizard created a stellar day today. It was gray and damp in the morning, but once the sun peeked out from behind the clouds everything changed. I'd been watching the forecast all week, and it really looked like today would be the prize day. The forecast kept saying "pay attention Denise - you need to plan to leave work early on Friday". So I did. Two o'clock, and I was out the door!

It was close to 70 degrees out when I got home, so this early spring day turned into my first ride in summer cycling togs. Now that felt really good! I'll probably be back to covered legs for the rest of the weekend since the temperature will be below the magic 60 degree mark (protect those knees!), but today's 20-mile ride gave me a much more cheerful outlook. I really needed that!