Monday, March 08, 2004

How very sad...


Caesar came home today, but he's very, very sick. I think the vet really called my folks - who are also Caesar's people - to come and say goodbye. He'd had a bad weekend, and was in the same shape he was in before his surgery. Not cancer, but inflammatory bowel disease that so far hasn't been controlled. My folks went to the dog hospital, and Caesar perked up. After a while his doc came in, surprised at his reaction. So, thinking Caesar might improve with Mom and Dad and Brandy (his brother) around him, the decision was made to send him home. And I really don't think the vet would have sent him home if he didn't see Caesar perk up this morning. I talked to our Mom tonight (yup, we're sharing), and things sound pretty grim. My sister and I both think that Caesar wanted to go home to say goodbye...