Sunday, April 18, 2004

How annoying...

OK, OK, I know this is Massachusetts. But I still don't accept it! I decided I needed a change of scenery for my ride today, so I consulted my biking map and decided to drive to Cape Ann for a bike ride. Sometimes I just have to use that fossil-fuel-powered vehicle of mine to get somewhere different to bike... I haven't biked in the Cape Ann area in ages, and I guess now I know why! First, the road I was looking for wasn't marked. Hmm. The map showed route 128 intersecting with 127 and 127A. I found 127 easily enough, but 127A. Nope, not easy. I did eventually find it though, and I even found a beach park where I could leave my car. I took off on my bike only to find that almost all of the roads leading to the coast were marked Private, No Trespassing. I had an OK ride, but next time I'll head to New Hampshire or Maine. Guess I have to go to Cape Ann about once every ten years. And today was it!