Sunday, April 18, 2004

Vacation dreaming again - or should I say still?

You'd think having a July vacation planned would be enough, but of course it's not! A week in July in the Canadian Rockies.... what else? Well, I'm still seriously thinking of repeating last year's Hawaii trip. It wouldn't be a total repeat in that I probaby wouldn't do the two Arnott's Lodge day trips again (or then again, maybe...), although I'd definitely stay there again. Instead I'd add a ride to South Point, and maybe some riding south of Hilo. Hawaii could be a nice extension to the riding season, so I'm keeping an eye on air fares in an October/November timeframe. Right now they are outrageous!

What else? Well, I'm trying to figure out if I can pull off a long weekend trip to Nova Scotia. It's so close, but it's so far away... a 12-hour ferry ride from Portland, or an under 3-hour ferry ride from Bar Harbor (which is a good 5 hour drive from here). First I need to figure out how many riding days I would need to make it worthwhile, and then I have to see if I have enough vacation time for both trips... more decisions coming!