Sunday, April 04, 2004

If you're looking for me the last week of July...

My bike (or should I say one of my bikes?) and I are planning a trip to the Canadian Rockies. And yes, I'm only taking one bike with me. It would be interesting to haul a second one on my trailer for a change of pace, but I'm not going to do it!

It took me a long time to settle on some vacation plans - but I finally did it. I have a one-week trip planned, which means you'll be hearing more about other vacation decisions as the weeks roll on. This will be a reverse trip for me since I rode a good chunk of these roads in the other direction on my first solo tour back in 1998. Believe it or not, roads taken in the other direction look different!

I'll be headed to ride in the magnificent mountains. I'm flying in to Edmonton, and taking a train from there to Jasper. From Jasper, I'll bike to Banff and then on to Calgary. From Calgary it's back in an airplane again for my return home. I'm glad I made the decision - I have a vacation to look forward to (something that is very important to me), and I'm excited to return to the Canadian Rockies. Now I just have to finalize plans and focus on training!