Saturday, September 18, 2004

It's definitely turning into fall

I have to admit, I'm really not ready for the summer to end. I love the mid-60 to 70 degree temperatures we're having, but cold, rain, and snow? No, I'm not ready.

Today? The remnants of Ivan (hurricane, then tropical depression, now just a storm) have arrived, and it's been raining for many hours. Today's morning walk will need an unbrella, and I'll be pleasantly surprised if it stops and drys out enough for an afternoon bike ride. I guess it's a built-in rest day.

This week I've noticed the trees changing. It still seems early to me, but then again there isn't a lot of change. There are a few scattered trees with brilliant yellow or orange leaves. There are a few trees with a mix of green and brilliant color. And then there are those trees who have missed the point completely and just turned brown. I love the colors, I hate the brown. And as each year passes, the winters become harder to accept. I'd love to be able to drive to cold and snow rather than living in the middle of it. Ah well, for now I'm here in the Northeast...