Wednesday, September 01, 2004

What do you mean it's September?

...and what happened to my summer? It's definitely been an unusual summer for me. In fact, I almost feel like I didn't have a summer. All things considered, I guess I really shouldn't complain. It hasn't been a normal time for me, but I know that I'm very lucky I was wearing a helmet on the day of my fateful bicycle crash. (And yes, I always wear a helmet while I'm wandering on my bike.)

While at this time of year I'm normally easily doing 50 to 75 mile rides, at this stage of my recovery I'm only managing slow rides of under 30 miles. And although I don't like it, I think I'm finally accepting that my riding won't return to normal until a few more months have gone by. It will definitely be next season...

In the meantime, I've switched my late October trip to Hawaii to a non-biking but still active vacation. I'll be tracking that in another blog.