Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Trees that water themselves!

OK, not really...

I was off on my morning walk wandering through the Merrimack College campus - which is conveniently located right next to my townhouse - when I noticed someone caring for some newly planted trees. The college went on a moving spree this past summer, moving parking lots and roads, and putting in walking paths and grass where there were roads in the past. As they planted new trees, I noticed the bags that were placed around the bottoms of the trees. Well, this morning I saw the bags in action. Or maybe I should say I saw the gardening staff in action. They were filling the bags with water, then moving on to the next tree. As it turns out, the bags are called Treegators, and they are an irrigation tool. Fill the bags with water, and let the trees drink it in! Fascinating...