Sunday, December 26, 2004

Brrr... a walking weekend

It was a bit too chilly for my bicycle this weekend, but I did manage to wander a bit by foot. Although I'm wandering by bike at a fairly slow speed, it's still faster than walking which means the wind chill factor plays a bit more into my comfort (or lack of comfort). Temperatures in the 20's yesterday and today meant my shoes got a workout instead of my bike.

A bit of frozen water makes for interesting puddles


They say this is just ocean-effect snow - the heavy stuff isn't supposed to come before tonight. I don't think I believe that...


This National Weather Service map of the area is normally not colored in, but today it has been a sea of color. The colors? Well the bright pink covering the area where I live is a winter storm warning. The purple? A gale warning. It's been snowing all day, and I suspect that it will be interesting to see what tomorrow morning brings.