Friday, December 24, 2004

A good day for a long walk

I had hoped to bike today, but I allowed the temperature to convince me that walking was a better choice. It was in the low 30's when I ventured out, so I could have pulled off a ride - but in the end I was happy with my decision. A bit chilly...

Ah, the Grinch and his dog! This holiday display definitely brings a smile to my face. I have to admit that I didn't realize until my walk last week that these fabric sculptures use power to keep them inflated (thanks Mom, for clueing me in!) - last Saturday morning was when I saw all the air-filled sculptures flat on the ground. Now how do parents explain that to their kids?


The temperature kept me moving quickly to keep my fingers and toes warm - but in spite of the chill I had to stop a few times to captures photos of the ice. There are a few more photos like this one in my Wandering near home - winter to spring photo gallery.