Friday, December 31, 2004

A walk along the ocean...

...seems like a good way to bid farewell to 2004.

The morning was cool and gray. I thought about riding - after all temperatures in the high 30s were plenty warm for wandering on my bike. But - it was gray, and the roads are still a bit wet - so I decided to drive up to the New Hampshire coast for a nice long walk. It was a good decision because on top of the somewhat messy roads there was also a pretty strong wind. That was a factor on the return leg of my walk, but much less of a factor than it would have been on my bike!

I headed to a spot north of Hampton Beach where I knew the road hugged the coastline. I wasn't the only person walking and absorbing the sound of the ocean crashing on the shore, and I even saw a coupld of people on bikes. It was a nice excursion for my feet and my camera, a good activity for a day off!

Why are you in the water? It's much warmer to walk on top of the water today!


I really wanted to get closer to this guy but I figured he'd depart quickly if I moved again.