Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Flying away

It was a day for exploring Logan Airport - not deliberately of course. I made my way through the 93 tunnel for the first time and landed at the airport in record time only to find the parking lots full to overflowing. A bit of wandering later, and I found the gravel-covered overflow lot sitting next to the harbor... Long security line, a slightly late departure, but I'm off!

A long wander cross-country - but imagine how long it would have taken me by bike! 6 hours in the air, almost made longer by listening to my seat-mate. We were still 3 hours away from Phoenix when he turned to me and said, "just one hour to go". I looked at my watch - which I'd already set to Mountain Time - and thought that maybe I was in a dream world somewhere, because I thought we had another 3 hours. We did - he naively thought that the arrival time was given in the time zone of the departure city. An interesting way to look at travel...