Tuesday, February 17, 2004

The map is green...

I'm beginning to hate it when I go to the National Weather Service home page for the Boston area and see the map shown in bright colors. This morning it was green - a special weather statement containing a 4-letter word - snow - for tomorrow. Not a lot, but snow nonetheless. Ah, the green line is sliding to the south, and I live to the north. Do they really know? Am I too focused on the weather? See - I told you I have spring fever!

One more weather thought, and then I'll stop. When I'm planning a trip - especially a winter escape - I usually check the forecast. Hmm, heading to Sedona next Wednesday night, just a week away. What's the weather like? I don't know - go check the weather for Sedona yourself, and what will you find? The temperature and forecast for Flagstaff! It's only 30 miles away, but Flagstaff is at 7000 feet of elevation and Sedona is at 4500 feet. Somehow I think it will be quite a bit milder in Sedona. Guess I'll have to be surprised!