Friday, February 27, 2004

A quiet but soaking start to the day

I woke up this morning, and it's quiet. I slept with the window open - am I lucky, is it dry? I looked, and the ground is wet, but I couldn't tell if it was raining. Down to breakfast, nicely included with the room at the Hampton Inn, and yes, it is raining. I had a leisurely breakfast, and enjoyed talking with some of the other guests and with the woman at the front desk. Still raining...

Well, I know I won't be happy sitting around the hotel, so I guess I'm just going to have to get wet. First stop of the day was to pick up an umbrella. I won't be missed out there on the trail, and I'll clash with the red rocks since I selected a hot pink umbrella! I really wanted an umbrella hat, but no such luck, so I had to get a normal umbrella. I decided to stop by the library before I headed out to find my first hike of the day, hoping that they had Internet access. What a nice set-up - 10 computers with a 1 hour limit, and 2 with a 15 minute limit. Good - I can check email and post a couple of blog entries, a good way to start a rainy day.

It's still gray out there, but it's time to hit the trails!